Sunday, September 1, 2013

Nail of the Day + My Manicure Essentials

I love treating myself to a pedicure at the salon every now and then, but I've never actually had a professional manicure. I don't know what it is, but I just prefer taking care of and painting my nails myself.  I find it relaxing and an easy way to pamper myself at home.  I thought I'd share some of my favorite essentials that I love to use consistently in my nail care routine!


To start off, I like removing any polish so I can start with clean nails.  I like softening my cuticles by using the Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover and using a simple orange stick to help push my cuticles down.  While I wait for my cuticles to be softened (I usually wait 15-25 seconds), I lightly file my nails to remove any harsh edges and then I'm ready to remove the cuticle softener and start painting!  For my base coat, I love using Essie's Grow Stronger Base Coat.  It's a great formula and provides a really nice foundation for my nail color.

with camera flash, 2 coats
Today, I chose to go with Sinful Color Sinful Shine with gel-tech in Alfresco, an amazing sky blue cream color.  This is the second color from the Sinful Shine line I've tried, and I'm absolutely in love with the gel-tech formula.  It gives me such a shiny and glossy gel-like finish, that I don't need to use a top coat. In two coats, I get a perfect, opaque color. 

natural light, 2 coats
I'd have to say that this polish is pretty true to color in both natural light and with a camera flash.  I'd definitely recommend it and look forward to trying more nail polishes from this line.  As a finishing touch, I love using Essie's Apricot Cuticle Oil to help keep my cuticles soft. It's also a great way to treat your cuticles to some daily TLC throughout the length of your manicure.

Thanks so much for reading!

:)

1 comment:

  1. You're an inspiration! I think I'll start working on creating my own nail care routine! I hope it relaxes me as much as it relaxes you! :)

    ReplyDelete