Monday, September 2, 2013

LUSH: Lip Combo

If you're anything like me, walking into a LUSH Cosmetics Store can be a little overwhelming.  I  love what the store is all about (fresh, handmade cosmetics!) and I've heard that they have some amazing shampoos, conditioners, and fresh face masks. I'll be the first to admit...I have yet to try any of those products, but I definitely plan to. Instead, I thought I'd share my thoughts on the two LUSH products I have tried:  the Mint Julips Lip Scrub and Honey Trap Lip Balm. After using the lip scrub and balm for several months now, using the two together has become one of my favorite lip care combos!



The Mint Julips Lip Scrub is described as being packed full of fresh peppermint and sweet castor sugar.  I love using this scrub in the mornings after I've done my make up as a way to prep my lips before using a lip gloss or lip balm.  I use less than a pea-size amount and since the scrub is made with natural ingredients, I don't feel guilty licking the excess off of my lips after I'm done exfoliating them.  Plus, the peppermint helps freshen your breath and leaves your lips with a refreshing tingly feeling.  Afterwards, the Honey Trap Lip Balm  is my absolute favorite lip product to use after the scrub.  It's described as containing rich honey to moisturize and melted white chocolate as well as sweet orange and cooling peppermint to help soothe dry, chapped lips.



You can find both of these products in LUSH stores and online for under $10 each.  I know it's pretty easy to make your own lip scrub at home, but the sugar in the Mint Julips scrub is just so fine that it doesn't irritate your lips.  You only need the smallest amount to get the job done, which justifies the price for me. And the lip balm feels so comfortable and luxurious on the lips. With each use, I feel like I'm giving myself a mini spa treatment at home.  I look forward to branching out and trying more LUSH products in the future.

Thanks so much for reading!

:)

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I've been meaning to do one, but you have said it better than I ever could! I LOVE these products! I have hit pan on the lip balm, so we may need to make a LUSH run soon! :)

    ReplyDelete