Thursday, August 15, 2013

LORAC PRO Palette: My Thoughts

I'm not someone that typically splurges on higher-end make up products, but as the summer semester of classes came to an end I decided to treat myself by picking up the LORAC PRO Palette.  After playing around with it for several weeks, I wanted to share my thoughts.  In general, I tend to stick with using neutral colors on myself...and since this palette is quite neutral-heavy, and I had seen many positive reviews on it already, I thought it would be the perfect higher-end palette to try out!


The palette is contained in a slim and black rubberized case with a long rectangular mirror under its lid.  I really like the packaging...it's thin, sleek, and simple...and I'm sure it would be easy to travel with as well! The case does seem to pick up any dust/fingerprints, but I guess that can also be a sign of a frequently used and loved product. :)

White, Cream, Taupe, Lt. Pink, Mauve, Sable, Espresso, Black
Nude, Champagne, Gold, Lt. Bronze, Pewter, Garnet, Deep Purple, Slate
The palette contains 16 eyeshadow colors:  8 matte and 8 shimmery/frost finishes. The colors are mainly neutrals, but there are a few slightly non-neutral shades as well.  The number of matte shades and coordinating shimmery shades was one of main reasons I had decided on this palette.

White, Cream, Taupe, Lt. Pink
Nude, Champagne, Gold, Lt. Bronze
The left side of the palette contains the lighter colors.  I like that there are both matte and shimmery highlighting shades to choose from as well as a matte tan and peachy bronze shade.

Mauve, Sable, Espresso, Black
Pewter, Garnet, Deep Purple, Slate
The right side of the palette contains the darker colors and the subtle non-neutrals.  I love the matte mauve and brown shades.  Deep Purple, Slate, and Garnet are also great colors...it's nice to have a few shades that can easily add a lil' somethin' extra to any look!

Overall, I'm very much enjoying this palette! All of the shades have great pigmentation and are easy to blend. There can be a little fall out since the eyeshadows are on the softer side...but I find that as long as you don't roughly swirl your brush into the shades, there aren't any major issues. You don't need much...a little definitely goes along way. I picked up my palette online at Sephora, but I believe you can find it anywhere LORAC products are sold.  If you're like me and prefer more neutral eye looks, but still want a good selection of both matte and shimmery shades, then I would recommend trying this palette. It's also my first LORAC product I've tried...and to be honest, I'm looking forward to trying more in the future!

:)

Thanks so much for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I will definitely be purchasing this palette! Thanks for an honest review!

    ReplyDelete