Saturday, December 21, 2013

bareMinerals All-Over Face Color: Warmth vs. Faux Tan

I've been using bareMinerals foundation for several years now and absolutely love it. Along with the foundation, I've also been using the All-Over face color in Warmth. This shade came in the first bareMinerals Starter Kit I purchased, and I've been using it ever since. Warmth is described as a chestnut color that gives a healthy, sun-kissed glow. 
bareMinerals Warmth
I noticed that I was getting close to using up all of Warmth, and decided to try bareMinerals All-Over face color in Faux Tan, which I had head quite a bit about through other blog posts and various video tutorials/reviews.  Faux Tan is described as a sunlit bronze shade.

bareMinerals Faux Tan
I couldn't quite tell the difference between Warmth and Faux Tan by looking at images, so I decided to purchase the Faux Tan shade and compare the colors for myself. To me, the shades are pretty similar, but Warmth is slightly more red-toned than Faux Tan and lighter in its mineral form before it's applied to the skin.

Left: Warmth, Right: Faux Tan
I'm a fair-skinned girl, who definitely burns and will sometimes tan afterwards. So, I'm all for being able to add some color and life to my face without having to get a sunburn first. I've really loved using the Warmth shade because it's very easy to apply and I think it gives my skin a healthy glow without being too shimmery. Despite the slight difference between the two colors, I'm really looking forward to using Faux Tan!

What are your thoughts on the bareMinerals All-Over face colors?


Thanks so much for reading!

:)

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you purchased this! How fun! Definitely let us know how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you say the shimmers in Faux Tan is rather obvious in comparison to those of Warmth? I have a lot of acne/acne scars and I don't want the shimmers in Faux tan to emphasize my uneven skin. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete